Smiley Hope for Humanity



Friday night; I was walking down the busy streets of Marathahalli, Bangalore. I was about to leave to my home city Hyderabad for a weekend. So I was walking slowly towards the bus stop to board my bus. On my way towards bus stop, I kept on thinking a lot about the things that went wrong for the day.  

The whole day went with full of frustration at my work place. I could see how someone’s mistakes at organizations could lead someone else’s failures and thereby gets troubles. Not the one who does mistakes that suffers but the one who becomes victims being in that wrong place, wrong time. None bears responsible for their actions in fact just make others as scapegoats to escape themselves. The day went in complete thinking of how worse humans turning themselves in attaining what they want. Greed has overcome everything making every human to keep all that matters aside & strive only for the things they wished to want irrespective of giving a thought of the consequences or how it’s going to affect others.

For a moment, I reminded myself a word i.e. Humanity. I was losing hope on finding it. As days pass by, one after the other I am scared one day this word might be gone from the history of humans. There must be some miracle to happen to restore the hope of humanity in these humans. May be not in the minds of people who doesn't care or think of it but at least in those people like me who are giving up in finding it. I was really tired of all these thoughts.

I slowly started walking towards the bus stop. Suddenly I crossed by a blind old man who was raising his hand. I thought he was begging but he is not. After walking few steps ahead, I just turned back to check that blind guy. It was full of busy street and he was standing with a note book in his hand and waving his hand often to seek some ones help but none responding to him. It was strange. How come a blind man doesn't get a help in this crowded streets. This added some more boost to my earlier thoughts of losing hope on humanity. Now, I thought for sure humanity is dead and we all living like screwed robots.

I stopped & turned back to walk down to him. I went to him to talk and asked what exactly he was doing there. I asked do you need some help. He asked me what language I speak. Then, he started saying that, he is not a beggar. He is from blind school & here to seek some donations for his school. I thought for a second, what the hell is this? I asked is this right way of asking donations for school? Standing in busy streets where it is hard to believe you even if you are blind. May be that’s why none is responding to you. He was silent. I don’t know what made him to beg or in other words seek donations but he was for sure not a beggar. What is a donation? God knows. I was running out of time to catch my bus. So I just gave some thing and left from that place.

I started walking & halted where my bus stop was. I again started pulling my thoughts about this blind guy. What kind of begging is this? Is this really for blind school or for him? God only knows. Suddenly here comes a girl covered her face with a scarf, stands in front of me. She removed her scarf & started saying “Hi, What did that man said? I asked who? The blind man! Then I told her that, I went to help him thinking he might need some help but he was there to seek some donations. Then she smiled at me. I asked how you got to know me. She said, she stood far away watching me talking to this guy & just walked to me. She appreciated me for that initiative to talk to him.

We just kept looking each other eyes without any words, smiling for few seconds. She was like a beautiful painting. You feel like just keep watching, that's it. We just spoke through some smiles and, here came my bus. I said, i will see you later & rushed to catch my bus. Before i just boarded my bus, i got reminded of my own words of seeing her again and turned back to check that girl and found she is no more there.  In this rush of catching my bus, i forgot to ask any of her details. She is gone and left as a memory. I sat in my seat and started thinking and trying to map the dots. 

For a moment, the bad day of mine turned out to be a good day with that incident. I felt immense wisdom after feeling the hope of humanity in this busy world. I thought that none is caring in this world for anyone and everyone is busy in greed but that moment when someone watching all my actions from the other end & came to appreciate, I just felt that humanity still exists in this planet. We always get disappointment towards this society for we don't find people like us to think like us but when you find some, you feel awesome. I just felt it might be a play of god & the girl was sent by him to give a benefit of doubt to me that there is still some humanity here. I just have to find it.

- Ravi(R)

0 comments: