I Still Remember Those Days




Dad Oh My Dad, Where are you hanging these days
For, I don't see you around anymore
Look, I am back home to live rest of my life with you
But, I don't hear your roaring voice,
To say, The Lion is Back Again
Nor smell the smoke of your cigars
I still hold the last pack of yours that you left
Hoping  that one day you would come for those
But they say, you just had last puff of your life

I still remember the places of yours; every time I go out for break
Irani Chai hotels, where we used to share cups of tea
Like friends; used to share thoughts & laughs 
And the waving hands at each other on those roads,
Before I can go on to board my college buses
I see, there are no more hands to wave at me now
No more waving hands, not any more

I still remember the things of yours; every time I go out on my bike
The scooter that I used to sit behind you holding tight
And Hearing the safety driving tips that you used to give
Falling in love with the smell of leaking petrol of your scooter
Like the way, the smell of the sand on a rainy day
I see there are no more scooters like yours
Just like you; no more visible, not anymore

I still remember the way of yours; every time I go out for jogging
The way you play the cricket, the way you fly the kites
The way you dress up for jogging on those cold winters
And made us to dress up in those warm wear & run early mornings
Like a gang of monkey caps on a way to rob a bank
When I got fully drunk; you caught me and 
Behaved as if you don’t drink
And I still remember the funny arguments we had that night
Good old 90’s. No more of it & No more of those gangs
All I am left with is me & I am still running alone here, 
Carrying your memories

I still remember the knowledge of yours; every time I watch a TV show
The way we used to answer the questions of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’
Betting on the Cricket matches over favorite Cricketers
The way you used to teach me "Mahabharata" & "Ramayana"
Through ethics & morals of those characters
Lessons of instant & long term Karma based on human actions
And with bias, the speaking for your favorite character "Karna"
I see now there is no one to teach but I am on my own
Learning myself through reading & watching shows alone

I still remember the lessons of yours; every time I sit alone
Under those park benches, where you used to teach me about life
Saying, never run behind money at the cost of leaving happiness in greed
Once you run behind, you addict & you run forever
Earn for need not for greed, And don't addict to luxury
In fact Jump off it, that is anything addicting
I see myself holding to follow every word you taught
Jumping off everything that is addicting; places, things, etc. 
To find real happiness

I still remember the way you correct things, 
Every time I mess up something
The way you used to make me work on my handwriting to look good
But yours is one of the best hand writing I ever saw, that I never met
Even now when I try to open your diaries & read, I think to myself
That I am a looser in most of my life than compared to your life
You been always an inspiration & been a best man ever I know, 
From the beginning of my life 
And the only one who enjoys my success,
More than I myself can enjoy

I still remember the last sight of yours, 
Every time I see a dad with his child on streets
I still feel you that you are around somewhere on other side of the road
Watching me crossing the road,
 To give some more tips, next time to cross better
I still feel the hurt that I caused you on those horror nights that I left you
To lead myself upon my goals that I wanted desperately to accomplish
But sooner I realized that, it's not that I left you alone 
But you left me alone for ever & ever
They say, you are dead & no more. Not any more in this world.
I see you in me every time I watch myself. 
You are my genes of inspiration. Legacy of pride. 

I still remember the last words of yours; 
Every time I feel distressed & sick of this world
The world is not a good place for good people, not any more
And you have to feel strong even though you are not, if you want to face it
You have to train yourself every day to survive here
It's always a fight for survival of good over bad & it goes on until you die
Sometimes even you have to fight against your own ones or your own will,
To make good things that you believe to happen
What is good & bad is all again dependent on, 
Your level of knowledge towards morals & ethics
So never fail to keep up on your responsibilities here
It's not about living rightly when everything is going good with you 
But it is living rightly When everything is against you 
And going wrong with you

-Ravi(R)






0 comments: