The Life of an Abandoned

UA-8124972-3

beggars, senior citizens, abandoned, orphans, life, death, loneliness


In the deep dark nights of lonely streets
I walked slowly towards the streetlights
For, it’s where I live now
For it’s where my new home is now

I am neither the diseased nor an orphan
But an old, abandoned by my own blood
For now I am too old tool, that’s of no use
For which they have no space to spare
But just to trash out

I never born as a beggar nor a disabled
My hands just shiver a lot at this age
Making me fail to work but only to beg
For now, I am too old to be a useful tool that works

I made a home & brought up my kids
Like the sons & daughters of the kings
But now I find no shelter in the hearts of my own  
What a pet dog of ours has a privilege for

I am not alone here
But with those all men who are homeless
Living together under same hope
For we are just the abandoned but not the cursed 

I want to live before I can die,
But not to live dying every day until I die
That’s why I walked out towards these streetlights
For now, that’s where my life is
For now, that’s where my death is 


-Ravi(R)


0 comments: